Monday, December 31, 2012

"On & on and on & on..my cypher keeps moving like a rolling stone"






Most of us use the end of the year to evaluate our accomplishments, our failures and set new goals for the upcoming year. As an artistic creator I, too, use the end of the year as a self-reflection. I rang in 2012 on the runway at LAX headed to La Habana, Cuba. Full of excitement, creativity and love. Little did I know the momentum it would build for an incredible year of ups and downs, trials and tribulations, letting go and letting in and most importantly creativity and fulfilling my life's purpose of connecting people to themselves, to each other and building community- through art.
La Habana, Cuba

"MY L.A" original production Heart&Soul Collective
Dance Workshop in Yorkshire, England

"Worlds Together" Conference in London, England

Creating in Paris, France

West Coast Regional Premiere of "In the Heights"

"Creating Possibilities..."
What did I learn?
That everything in my first 35 years of life has prepared me for where I'm at and what I have yet to accomplish. Nothing would be possible without all the doors that have been shut on me personally and professionally to be able to do the work with love, compassion and to connect the human spirit. 

Although I can do ANYthing...I can't do EVERYthing. I had a few health scares. When you love what you do and it is your "life's work" you tend to think you are superhuman. I learned I must take care of myself as an individual and as an artist or I am no good to anyone (still working on this one).

This was a year of healing and affirmation. The universe continues to remind me of my purpose, my gifts and strengthen my faith in it. I had to let go of people, painful experiences and negative energy to make room for all the light and love I have been so blessed to receive and ALLOW myself to live it.

To always, always, ALWAYS trust my intuition. The only decisions that have ever left me uneasy are ones that didn't resinate with the higher being. Living in truth is the most difficult and most rewarding form of art and I do my best to live in gratitude for every thing I am and every thing I am not- every day. 

2012 was a foundational year for me but even at the year's end my creativity and life is an endless cypher with no beginning and no end. That being said...this is only the beginning. 

I am blessed for all of you that have inspired, shared, participated, loved, supported and believed in me as a person and as an artist. 

2013 is already off to a fulfilling year. I have youth to teach, new countries to visit, art to create and lots and lots of ideas :)

Peace and blessings!

Keep Creating, 
Marissa

"Art creates hope, and with hope anything is possible"- Marissa Herrera

No comments:

Post a Comment